Alright everyone… enough with the green food coloring already! I am permanently scarred from the green milk I was forced to drink as part of an elementary school St. Patrick’s Day program. These kid friendly St. Patrick’s Day recipes are sure to please and are a great way to celebrate the holiday with your family! My husband is a St. Paddy’s Day baby, so I probably won’t actually be making any of these recipes on St. Patrick’s Day myself (he usually chooses lasagna!) but I can’t wait to try them at another time. Enjoy!
Start the morning off with a little bit of Irish cheer!
- Fruit Rainbow with a Pot of Gold from Two Healthy Kitchens – Adorable.
- Green Smoothie Pancakes from The Lean Green Bean – I love the use of fruits and veggies to get that great natural green color!
- Irish Tea Brack from Cooking with Carlee – Don’t let the name scare you… this is basically just a quick bread. It sounds delicious!
Some are healthy, some are not… but they are all family friendly!
- Lucky Charms Pot O’Gold Milkshakes from Home and Plate – Ohh how fun!!
- Pineapple Pomegranate Spinach Smoothie from Journey to the Garden – This takes your typical green smoothie up a notch!
- St. Patrick’s Day Frozen Hot Chocolate from Crayons and Cravings – My husband is a hot chocolate addict. He would go nuts over this!
There are so many St. Paddy’s Day desserts I had to go in three different directions!
Okay, so there may be a bit of green food coloring here. But these are all SO cute.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Shamrocks from Money Savvy Living – Sweet and salty, easy and festive… what’s not to love?
- Leaping Leprechaun Key Lime Kolaches from Family Focus Blog – I love key lime anything… and these are so festive!
- Lucky Green Oreos from Delicious Table – Almost too cute to eat. Almost.
I say Irish-ish for obvious reasons. I think you can figure out the “ish” part. 🙂 If you don’t drink, you can always sub another liquid for the alcohol. Coffee and water always work well.
- Chocolate Irish Whiskey Bundt Cake from Only Taste Matters – So much goodness and flavor in this uber chocolately dessert!
- Irish Potato Candy from The Neighborhood Moms – This could be fun to make with the kids!
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce from House of Nash Eats – This is a traditional Irish dessert, and sounds phenomenal.
Mint Chocolate Desserts
Idk if mint chocolate is actually Irish (prob not?) but it’s festive and fun… and delicious!
- Mint Leaf Shamrock Shake from The Kitchen Girl – Natural mint makes these shakes so good! Add some chocolate if you like. 🙂
- Peppermint Patty Brownie Cupcakes from Fried Dandelions – These can be vegan, nut free, and soy free, so they are great for allergies! And they look amazing.
- St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Mint Buttercream from Homemade Food Junkie – Absolutely adorable!
If you want a real Irish meal, check out these recipes!
TBH corned beef and cabbage has never really been my thing but it’s so popular I had to add a recipe! Personally I really want to try to make a shepherd’s pie this year!
- Dump and Bake Corned Beef and Cabbage from The Seasoned Mom – If you want an easy corned beef and cabbage recipe, this one looks like a winner!
- Easy Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Garnish and Glaze – This looks so cozy, and uses simple ingredients. Perfect!
- Zesty Chipotle Rachel Sandwich from The Rustic Foodie – A “Rachel” is basically a Reuben, but with turkey. This sounds yummy and could be altered for the kiddos’ tastes if necessary.
Making bread is one of my favorite things. It can be a little intimidating, but the results are well worth it!
- Easy Irish Soda Bread from Melanie Cooks – A great beginner recipe for soda bread using pantry ingredients!
- Real Irish Scones from Mother Would Know – What a great treat!
- Waterford Blaa from Karen’s Kitchen Stories – I’ve never heard of these rolls, but they look so soft and tender!
So, I realize there are many more directions that you could take St. Patrick’s Day. Green snacks, green “normal” food, rainbow treats, and more. Check out even MORE St. Patrick’s Day recipe ideas on my Pinterest Board.