Chili — a classic fall dish. It’s great to make for a crowd because everyone loves it. At least SOME version of it, right? Did you know that October is National Chili Month? I know, I know . . . there’s a food holiday for everything. As a food blogger, I try to keep up with these things. Some are silly, but this one is fun. And bonus for you — I’ve spent wayyy too much time putting together this ultimate round-up of chili recipes in nearly every category imaginable so I hope YOU can find a few new recipes to try out this month . . . for game day, Wednesday, or any day really!
Recipe credits (with links found in the lists below): In the top row, from left to right we have Crockpot Frito Chili Pie from The Salty Marshmallow, Chicken Barley Chili from Crafty Cooking Mama, and Buffalo Chicken Chili from Savory Moments; and in the bottom row, left to right we have Crockpot Creamy Pumpkin Chili from The Schmidty Wife, Crockpot Pineapple Sweet Italian Sausage Chili from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck, and Cincinnati Turkey Chili from The Pajama Chef.
The classic! However, some of these recipes are anything but traditional.
- Chasen’s Chili – That Recipe
- Chili Like Mom Used to Make – Girl Gone Gourmet
- Chocolate Sirloin Chili – Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
- Easy One Pot Game Day Chili – Pass Me Some Tasty
- Low Carb Chili Con Carne with Pepperoncinis – Low Carb with Jennifer
- Low Carb No Bean Chili – Low Carb Yum (no beans, but tons of great flavor!)
- Manly Meaty Chili – Books and Cooks
- Philly Cheesesteak Chili in a Bread Bowl – The Red Head Baker
- Smoked Beef Brisket Chili – Vindulge
- Sweet Potato Hamburger Chili – Clean Eating Kitchen (paleo)
- Dr Pepper Chili– Oh Sweet Basil
Chicken is the star here! Wayyy beyond white chicken chili.
- Buffalo Chicken Chili – Savory Moments
- Cauliflower Chicken Chili – The Flavours of Kitchen
- Chicken Barley Chili – Crafty Cooking Mama
- Mexican Chicken Chili – The Saucy Southerner
- Pressure Cooker Green Chicken Chili – A Nerd Cooks
- White Bean Chicken Chili Soup – A Saucy Kitchen (made in the Instant Pot!)
- White Chicken Chili – Platter Talk
Yup, you eat this with spaghetti. Yes, it’s a little weird. But kids think it’s fun!
- Chorizo and Green Tomato Chili -Farm Fresh Feasts
- Cincinnati Chili – Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Cincinnati Turkey Chili – The Pajama Chef
Chili made with sausage? Check. How about pepperoni? Check! Check (ha ha ha) out these non-traditional, yet meaty, chilis. They all sound so good!
- Chipotle Sweet Corn Leftover Meatloaf Chili – 4 Sons ‘R’ Us (genius idea!!)
- Chorizo Chili with Lime & Coriander Yoghurt – The Cook Report
- Crockpot Creamy Pumpkin Chili – The Schmidty Wife
- Crockpot Pineapple Sweet Italian Sausage Chili – Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
- Italian Sausage Chili – Cooking in Stilettos
- Paleo Pumpkin Pork Chili – Avocado Pesto
- Pepperoni Chili – Spabettie
- Pork and White Bean Chili – Two Lucky Spoons
- Pumped Up Sweet Heat Bison Chili – For the Love of Food
- Spicy Three Bean Venison Chili – Buy This Cook That
- Way Yummy Homemade Chili – Jennifer Bakes
Not Quite Chili
These recipes feature chili but not in your normal “eat in a bowl” sort of way. You could probably also make many of these recipes using leftover chili.
- Baked Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle Chili – Caroline’s Cooking
- Chili Cheese Baked Potato – One Dish Kitchen
- Chili Dog Chili – Simple Seasonal
- Chili Pasta Bake – Girl Heart Food
- Chili Topped Cornbread Waffles – I am a Honeybee
- Crockpot Frito Chili Pie – The Salty Marshmallow
- Easy Chili Crescent Roll Bake – The Seasoned Mom
- Mexican Chili Cornbread – Make-Ahead Meal Mom (freezer meal!)
- One Pot Vegetarian Chili Mac – Amuse Your Bouche
- Frito Chili Pie – The Pioneer Woman
Slow Cooker Recipes
These chili recipes are best made in your slow cooker.
- Crock Pot Chicken Quinoa Chili – The Pajama Chef
- Crock Pot Chili Stew – Sweet Coralice (has potatoes and quinoa along with beef and beans!)
- Crockpot Taco Turkey Chili – Fuchsia Freezer
- Slow Cooker Chili – Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Chili with Beans – Mel Claire (also has Instant Pot option!)
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chili – Upstate Ramblings
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili – The Fit Blog
Turkey is the star in these chili recipes!
- Heart Healthy Pumpkin Chili – A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Indian Spiced Turkey Chili – Two Healthy Kitchens
- Jalapeno Popper Turkey Chili – Fantastical Sharing of Recipes (I cannot wait to try this recipe!)
- Smoky Chipotle Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili – Peas & Crayons (also has Instant Pot version!)
- Smoky Turkey Chili – By the Pounds
- Turkey, Black Bean, and Sweet Potato Chili – The Pajama Chef
These are great for #MeatlessMonday or any vegetarian occasion. You won’t miss the meat — promise!
- Black Eyed Pea Chili – Easy Cooking with Molly
- Blow Your Mind Black Bean Chili – Hello Fun Seekers (also made with mushrooms and wheat berries!)
- Chickpea Taco Chili – Veggie Inspired
- Red Lentil Chili – The Stingy Vegan
- Roasted Butternut Squash Vegetarian Chili – Cooking on the Weekends
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Lentil Chili – Apples for CJ
- Slow Cooker Vegan Enchilada Chili – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Spicy Vegan Tofu Chili – Vegan Heaven
- Vegetarian Hatch Green Chili – Three Olives Branch
- Vegetarian Pumpkin Chili – The Pajama Chef (lots of beans, veggies, rice… and don’t forget the pumpkin!)