In the famous words of Lorelai Gilmore, ““Coffee-coffee-coffee is a saying. Like an exaggeration. It’s a funny, desperate cry for caffeine.”
All over the world, it seems like coffee is a way of life. We devote time to it, make merchandise with funny sayings about it, and have cabinets full of mugs, accessories, and of course COFFEE stashed away in them.
Thursday, September 29th is International Coffee Day ( I mean, isn’t EVERYDAY coffee day?). But this is the day actually devoted to celebrating that magical little bean that seems to make everyone’s day just a little brighter with one sniff and sip of it.
Growing up, I despised coffee. I remember watching my dad or grandmother drink a cup of black coffee and thing eww! Why would you do that to yourself? Seemed like a grown up thing to do! Then I got older and discovered Starbucks (we didn’t have that in my farm town, the nearest commercial shop was hours way). I discovered creamer, and flavors and pumpkin spice! Then I was smitten with coffee like the rest of the population!
My, how coffee has evolved over the years…you have espressos, macchiatos, lattes, flat whites, cold brews, frappucinos, the list goes on and on! There are many ways you can get your fix! I love all of these things, but my standard is a plain ole cup of coffee with a side of half and half and sugar. How do you take your coffee?
Take advantage of this celebrated day and check out the specials below (at participating restaurants, please check with your local establishments for offers)
- Burger King is offering a free Small Iced Coffee with an app or online purchase of $1+ during breakfast hours through Sept. 30! This deal is valid for Royal Perks members until 10:30 AM local time each day (or until the end of regular breakfast hours) at participating locations from 09/26/2022 until 09/30/2022 when you order on the BK® App or bk.com. Royal Perks account registration is required and you’ll need to add the coupon before placing your order. The offer is not valid with any other coupons or offers. You will see the offer available to redeem in the Offers section on the app or website each day from open to 10:30 am through Sept. 30.
- Krispy Kreme is offering a free iced or hot brewed coffee on Sept. 29 with no purchase necessary. Plus, Krispy Kreme Rewards members can also receive a free doughnut of choice in addition to the free iced or hot brewed coffee with no purchase necessary. Both offers are available for carry-out and via drive-thru at participating locations. Sign up for a free Rewards member account through the Krispy Kreme app or by visiting KrispyKreme.com/rewards.
- On Sept. 29, Dunkin’ is offering DD Perks members a free medium hot or iced coffee with any purchase. There is a limit of one offer per person. Look for the offer on their app on Sept. 29..
- In honor of National Coffee Day, Barnes & Noble is celebrating by giving customers a free tall hot or iced coffee with the purchase of any baked item from B&N Cafés nationwide on Thursday, September 29. The free tall hot or iced coffee is limited to one cup per transaction.
- McDonald’s is offering any size Iced Coffee or Premium Roast for $0.99 with the offer in their app. The deals is valid once per day through Dec. 31, 2022. See the details on their website or app. Many rewards members will also find an offer for a free Premium Roast Coffee Soft Drink, Sweet Tea or Unsweet Tea with a minimum $2 purchase in the app. It is valid for a limited time. See the details in the McDonald’s app.
- Panera Bread is offering their first MyPanera Week starting on National Coffee Day, September 29 through October 5 with exclusive perks for loyalty program members each day. According to their press release, on Sept. 29 new Unlimited Sip Club Subscribers will receive 2 months free. Existing Sip Club Members will receive $2 off select barista beverages and smoothies. (One time and In-App Only). See all the perks for the week on the Panera website.
- From 9/29 to 10/2, Smoothie King Healthy Rewards Members can buy any Coffee or Espresso smoothie and earn a reward for a free 20oz Smoothie. In addition, on Sept. 29, buy any 20oz. Espresso or Cold Brew blended smoothie before 11:00am for $5. These offers are only valid at participating locations.
- On September 29, visit any Duck Donuts and get a free medium hot coffee or cold brew with the purchase of a donut. Duck Donuts Rewards members will receive the same offer via app, and those ordering online can redeem using checkout code COFFEEDAY.
- Celebrate National Coffee Day on September 29 at Shipley Do-Nuts and receive a free medium cup of House Blend coffee with any purchase. Available online with code COFFEE929 or in-store.
- Dutch Bros Coffee is celebrating National Coffee Day by giving Dutch Reward members the opportunity to win up to one year of free Dutch Bros! Customers have a chance to win when they use the Dutch Bros app and scan their Dutch Pass™ at the window. From Monday, September 19 to Wednesday, September 28, Dutch Rewards members have the chance to win free Dutch for a month. On National Coffee Day, Thursday, September 29, Dutch Rewards members will be entered to win free Dutch for a year when they roll through their local shop and scan their Dutch Pass™.
- Guests can celebrate National Coffee Day at Cracker Barrel by trying the new Peanut Butter Cup Mocha, available until Oct. 24. This beverage can be enjoyed iced or hot and features espresso with chocolate whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate and peanut butter sauces, starting at $3.79*. Guests looking to celebrate the holiday with more traditional flavors like vanilla, caramel or mocha can choose from a selection of Classic Crafted Coffees served iced or hot, starting at $3.49* (*prices vary by location, check crackerbarrel.com to find out more information).
- RaceTrac- Get a free cup of its Crazy Good Coffee if you’re a rewards member. Use the code “COFFEE” in the mobile app.